Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rock-n-Romp kids with an ear for music

Rock-n-Romp kids with an ear for music
Published April 23, 2009 in the Commercial Appeal

My first brush with a real-live musician was in 1977. My family was vacationing at the same hotel as Shaun Cassidy. I had a broken leg and my goal was to get him to sign my cast. He didn't. (I was 5, so I didn't even get to go to the concert.)

My first live music experience was in the early '80s at the Mud Island Amphitheater. My mom took me and my sisters to see the Osmond Family. My next big live music experience was Culture Club at the Coliseum when I was 13. However, my husband, Warren, grew up in California and acts as if seeing The Ramones play live at least five times before he was 18 is no big deal...(Read more)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...