Thursday, June 4, 2009

Roller Derby is no match for raising kids

Roller Derby is no match for raising kids
Published June 4, 2009 in the Commercial Appeal

I joined Memphis Roller Derby when my kids were just shy of 2 and 4. (They are 5 and 7 now.) Roller Derby proved to be an excellent way to get some much-needed "me" time, get some exercise, and have fun.

In the early days, I was one of the oldest and most experienced skaters. Before I knew it, I was captain of the Legion of Zoom. Being the mother of two small boys, the role of captain came naturally to me. The team needed a leader, a good listener, a facilitator and an organizer. I was all of those things and more -- I was a booty blocker extraordinaire, which made me a great pivot (the foremost blocker)...(Read more)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...