Thursday, August 27, 2009

Reluctant cook's attempts not always recipe for disaster

Reluctant cook's attempts not always recipe for disaster
Published August 27, 2009 in the Commercial Appeal

Growing up, I loved to cook. And by cook I mean heat up a can of SpaghettiOs on the stove. I later learned to make "box spaghetti," which required browning meat and boiling noodles. (Boiling noodles is what got me through college and the Peace Corps.)

Is it any wonder that I married a man who is a great cook? Thanks to his prowess in the kitchen, I didn't have to increase my culinary repertoire ... until I had kids. Unfortunately, on the rare days that I am manning the kitchen, the delicacies I provide my children still center on a box or a can and boiling water...(Read more).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...