Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's not easy controlling the kids' wish lists

It's not easy controlling the kids' wish lists
Published December 16, 2010 in the Commercial Appeal

This time of year, my children get a serious case of the "I wants." One night at dinner, my 8-year-old spent a good 10 minutes telling me about all of the changes he needed to make to his "I Want List."

"Do you know how boring it is to talk about all of the things you want?" I asked him. He nodded and continued talking.

I do my best to control the "I wants." I find that avoiding stores, especially this time of year, helps. If the children can't see all of the new and shiny things for sale, then they can't want them, right?

If it only it were that simple...(Read more)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...