Thursday, June 16, 2011

Weekend trip to New York just what Mom needed

Published June 16, 2011 in the Commercial Appeal
Last weekend, I went to New York with a friend. It was my second "Girls Weekend" this year, which is completely unprecedented.

My husband has been working out of town a lot this year, which isn't actually anything new, but now that my boys are 7 and 9, I'm finding it easier to say yes when friends present opportunities like this.

We stayed in Greenpoint, which is in Brooklyn near the East River within walking distance of the very popular Williamsburg neighborhood. I haven't been to New York City in about 12 years, and I had never been in Brooklyn, so I didn't quite know what to expect, but my friend (who is also a mom) and I had plans to do all of the things that we can't usually do with our children -- eat in trendy restaurants, drink fancy cocktails, carry on long, uninterrupted conversations, shop, stay up late, and sleep even later...(Read more).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...