Thursday, November 5, 2009

Open up kid's voice with word of caution

Open up kid's voice with word of caution
Published November 5, 2009 in the Commercial Appeal

Jiro, my 5 year old, came running into my room on Saturday morning.

"At the Farmer's Market we gave the honey man a dollar and he gave us a whole bunch of honey straws!" he excitedly announced as he showed me a fistful of the golden straws. (He had gotten up early to go shopping with his dad.) I gave him a big hug and watched as he happily ran off.

What struck me most about this simple exchange was that I could completely understand every single word that Jiro said. He's been in speech therapy for a little over a year now, and it is really starting to show. His conversational speech is much clearer, and even strangers can understand most of what he's saying. This has really boosted his confidence and made him much more outgoing, especially around adults...(Read more)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...