Thursday, December 17, 2009

Daddy leaves huge void while away on business trip

Daddy leaves huge void while away on business trip
Published December 17, 2009 in the Commercial Appeal

"I guess you better buy a lot of SpaghettiOs," was the response from Satchel, my 7-year-old son, when I told him his dad (who does most of the cooking) was going out of town for 10 days for work.

Jiro, my 5 year old who is much less practical, looked at me with big eyes and frowned.

My husband, Warren, is an archaeologist. His leaving town is nothing new, although it's been quite a while since he's had such a long furlough from family life.

In addition to cooking, Warren does the shopping, takes the boys to school, takes Jiro to four speech therapy classes in two different locations each week, fixes whatever needs fixing, etc. He's also home asleep, with the boys, at 5:30 a.m. when I get up to go to the gym every morning.

Ten days of life without Daddy was going to be challenging. Thankfully, I know how to make lemons out of lemonade...(Read more)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...