Thursday, July 29, 2010

Badges? We merit 'em for epic summer excursion

Badges? We merit 'em for epic summer excursion
Published July 29, 2010 in the Commercial Appeal

Let's talk numbers.

3: the number of weeks I spent on the road with my family this summer.

24/7: shorthand for the fact that the time we spent together was 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

5,350: the number of miles we drove.

In addition to backpacking in the Sierras, we visited my brother-in-law and his family in Sacramento, my father-in-law and other brother-in-law in San Jose, my sister-in-law and her family in Ventura, and friends in Albuquerque.

There are other, more-alarming statistics dealing with the amount of ice cream, doughnuts and candy bars we ate, but clearly we needed a lot of sugar to sustain the energy necessary for our extensive trip...(Read more)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...