Thursday, August 26, 2010

Broken arm can be pain, but a lot of fun for a kid

Broken arm can be pain, but a lot of fun for a kid
Published August 26, 2010 in the Commercial Appeal

On Saturday, Satchel, my 8-year-old, came up to me sobbing, cradling his left arm. "I jumped out of a tree," he managed to choke out between tears. I feared that his arm was broken, but there were no bones poking out, no discoloration and no swelling. I calmed him down, and after a little Tylenol, he seemed fine.

On Sunday, he asked for more Tylenol. He hates taking medicine, so I knew something was going on. Every so often, I noticed that he'd wince when trying to lift something, and he asked if he could skip Taekwondo on Monday night.

"We're getting you an X-ray," I said...(Read more)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...