Thursday, October 21, 2010

No more easy rewards: I'm choosing with eye on health

No more easy rewards: I'm choosing with eye on health
Published October 21, 2010 in the Commercial Appeal

A year ago I signed up for an early morning boot camp to get myself out of a rut of not exercising. It provided the much-needed boost I had hoped for and set me on a path of working out at 5:30 a.m. three to five times a week.

The fact that a friend joined me every one of those mornings kept me motivated. And getting stronger was also motivating.

We went from not running at all, to running four miles twice a week, sometimes three. We took just about every class the Fogelman YMCA offered, took swimming lessons and started lifting weights. Impressive, huh?

We both got some much-needed alone time, and found we had more energy for our families. But neither of us has really lost any weight. Not so impressive, huh? (Read more)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...