Thursday, November 4, 2010

A little treat a small price for face time with sons

A little treat a small price for face time with sons
Published November 4, 2010 in the Commercial Appeal

One of the perks of having two boys two years apart is that they generally like to do the same things, which generally makes my life easier.

However, as they get older, they are more inclined to do things on their own. No longer is it a crisis if one gets invited to a sleepover and the other doesn't. If one wants to play outside and the other doesn't, they do just that. They are benefiting from their newfound independence, and so am I.

It used to be that when I'd ask if anyone wanted to run errands with me, I'd get two big fat "nos." Now, I can almost always count on my 6-year-old to say yes. I think he's caught on to the fact that hanging out with his mom has its rewards. I have no problem adding a trip to TCBY or YoLo or Baskin-Robbins if it means my littlest son will want to spend time with me...(Read more)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...