Thursday, December 2, 2010

Being good parent isn't a race -- it's a marathon

Being good parent isn't a race -- it's a marathon
Published December 2, 2010 in the Commercial Appeal

I've been running two to three times a week for a little over a year, and have participated in a number of 5Ks. Sometime over the summer, I decided to sign up for the St. Jude Memphis half-marathon that takes place on Saturday.

Upon hearing the news, my 6- and 8-year-old sons immediately started divvying up my first-place winnings. While I appreciate their vote of confidence, I have found that, much like parenting, the half-marathon isn't something I am/was completely prepared for, but I'm going for it anyway.

Becoming a mother has made me bolder than I ever thought I'd be. At the very least, it has made me fairly immune to vomit and other unpleasant bodily functions that may come into play on Saturday. (Or so I'm told!)...(Read more)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...